Whether it’s the weekday or Saturday evening – brownies are the ultimate to go-to dessert for everyone. Chocolate cakey brownies recipe is an easy homemade dish that just requires ingredients lying around the house and some of your time. Not only are brownies a crowd-pleaser, but they’re incredibly fun to make. Also brownies are one of the easiest baking dish.
When it comes to brownies, you can create as many varieties of them as you like with just a few simple add-ons. You can modify your chocolate brownie recipes according to your liking and make them into a fudgy delight or a cakey dessert. In this post, I will share with you the recipe for brownies and also the step-by-step instructions on how to make brownies at home.
The two main varieties of chocolate brownies, i.e. fudgy chocolate brownies and cakey chocolate brownies are immensely popular, and not without reason. Considering they utilize more or less of the same ingredients, the slight difference in measurements makes them immensely different in flavors and textures.
Fudgy brownie vs cakey brownie – which Chocolate Brownies to bake?
Chocolate brownies alone are enough to put a smile on anyone’s face, but here we aim for a homemade dessert delight. The recipe calls for some basic ingredients in a bowl, and you are ready to go! Yes, that’s right – one bowl, some chocolate, and some butter, along with some other pantry ingredients and that is all there is to it. You can create a delicious batch of fresh homemade brownies in an instant, and according to your liking.
Whether you prefer your chocolate brownie thick and dense in the middle, stuffed with melted chocolate. Or choose to make them airy, fresh, and fluffy – much like a brownie cake, here’s the recipe to do it. But before you get started, keep in mind that irrespective of your preference, this homemade brownie requires some basic care instruction and can be modified to your liking.
You will find all the information regarding the fudgy brownies recipe in this content.
The Basic Chocolate Brownie:
Making the standard chocolate brownie requires a few simple ingredients and an 8-inch square baking pan to cook it all through evenly. Depending on your serving size, you can mix and match your ingredients to your liking. But take care to stick to the standard ingredients checklist, and then let your imagination take the wheel. Grab your Bakeware Bar Baking Pan and let’s prepare a batch of 12 freshly made brownies.
Ingredients for Brownie:
- 1 stick Melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (take your pick between vegetable oil, olive oil, coconut oil)
- 210g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract/essence
- 65g all-purpose (or plain) flour
- 50g unsweetened cocoa powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder or baking soda
Rich, fudgy brownies are dense, moist, rich, and especially flavourful – the perfect treat for the day. Start the recipe by using real chocolate and cocoa powder. You can take your pick regarding which type of chocolates you prefer, however, for a rich taste – we suggest using real chocolate.
Chocolate or Cocoa powder for brownies?
What’s interesting about a homemade fudge brownie recipe is that you can also make use of cocoa powder for a more budget-friendly recipe. It greatly depends on your preference of how rich and dense you want your homemade brownie to be.
How much butter for brownies?
There is no predetermined rule on how much butter should be added for brownies. It varies from person to person. For a batch of 12 brownies, 3 tablespoons of butter are sufficient. You will need some unsalted butter for the flavors of course, and some sugar.
How much sugar for brownies?
For a batch of twelve chocolate brownies, use up to 2 cups of sugar. While it might sound a lot, but it is important to use unsweetened cocoa powder along with sugar to keep your brownie recipe in proportions. Some homemade fudge brownies call for sweetened milk or semi-sweet ingredients – but we believe there is nothing that competes with the basics.
How many eggs do you put in brownie mix?
Lastly, you will need some eggs and flour. Eggs are an essential ingredient for cakey brownie recipes since it helps fluff up your batter. 2 to 3 eggs are sufficient for a brownie. For fudge chocolate brownies, you can stick to an eggless brownie recipe. For the flour, remember to balance it out with the cocoa powder, and keep the quantity well proportionate as to not make the mixture too cakey.
Preparing Chocolate Fudge Brownies:
After grabbing the ingredients from the pantry, it’s time for the part that makes the magic happen – the assembly. This homemade chocolate fudge brownie recipe is all about taking an easy and lax approach to baking and requires just one bowl and a mixture. But for more clarity, here is all that you need to do to make a batch of gooey fudgy goodness.
- Start by prepping the oven; this basic step is constants irrespective of your choice of going for fudgy goodness or cakey delight. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Next, take your pan and grease it properly, or just order – a Slice Solutions Brownie Pan if you don’t have one already. Spray it with cooking oil and line it properly with parchment paper.
- Melt some butter, oil, and the mentioned amount of sugar and mix till when combined. It is better to mix it thoroughly for roughly a minute and then add your eggs, vanilla essence and beat for another minute.
- Then, add some flour, cocoa powder, baking powder/baking soda along with some salt to taste and fold the mixture all together. Once that’s ready, mix the two wet and dry ingredients together until well combined.
Pour the batter onto the pan of your choice, and add your optional toppings. Be sure to give it a good tap to make sure there aren’t any air pockets and then pop it in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
How to make cakey Brownies:
If gooey and fudgy brownies aren’t to your liking, we suggest using the same ingredients to prepare some cakey chocolate brownies. Make brownies from scratch using the simple ingredients mentioned, and have the best of both worlds. The perfect combination of cake and brownies made into one. Similar to the fudge brownie recipe, this homemade brownie requires the same ingredients with a few simple tweaks.
How much cocoa powder to add to brownie mix?
Remember, if you are going for a cakey brownie recipe, you need to add different proportions of flour and cocoa powder. For a batch of 12 brownies, 50g of cocoa powder or two tablespoons of cocoa powder should be added to the brownie mix. For the fudgy brownie, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder are sufficient.
You ask me what’s the logic behind this? Naturally, the more dry ingredients there are in your recipe – the fluffier it will get. To get a really nice thick consistency, add more flour into your recipe and enjoy a thick creamy texture with lots of air pockets. But be sure to keep it within or close to the proportions stated in the ingredients list.
Whisk your Eggs!
For a cakey chocolate brownie, be sure to whisk your eggs right. The fudge brownie recipe calls for gently folding your batter together to give it a gooey consistency. Whereas, in the cakey brownie recipe – we suggest doing the exact opposite. If you want a fluffy batter for your chocolate brownies, you can choose to whisk your egg whites separately from the egg yolks. This will add more air pockets into your batter and will help your batter rise more quickly.
Preparing Chocolate Cakey Brownies
You are roughly thirty minutes away from light, fluffy, chocolatey goodness. The Chocolate Cakey Brownies recipe is easy to follow and can take on any form based on your liking.
Simply add and subtract ingredients according to your preference, and go as cakey as you want with your brownie mix. You can also consider adding in more of your favorite toppings. Just remember to follow the preparation instructions closely for good consistency.
- Regardless of cakey or fudgy brownies, remember to follow the number one rule of baking. Preheat your oven before putting in the batter. For this case, preheat the oven to 350°F for roughly 15 minutes.
- Next up, combine the wet ingredients together and stir until smooth with the dry ingredients. This includes your melted butter, along with your powdered sugar and some salt to taste.
- Now for the secret ingredient, the eggs. Beat the eggs properly to make sure you get a frothy consistency; you can also choose to beat your eggs separately and then mix them in with the flour and cocoa powder.
- Combine all the ingredients together into a fine frothy mix. Then add in your elements of choice for a better filling. Spread the mixture out in a pan with your flat surface Spatula and let it bake.
- The Bake time for the cakey brownie mixture for roughly thirty minutes, so the batter is baked thoroughly and properly. Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- One additional tip is that if you don’t have cocoa powder handy, you can use some espresso powder for a coffee-flavored brownie.
Chocolate Brownies Ready to Serve!
Your fudgy chocolate brownies or cakey chocolate brownies are ready to be taken out and tasted! Be sure to let your own unique customization show its colors in these homemade brownie recipes. You can add Nutella to the batter, crushed pecans, chocolate chunks, peanuts, and more to your version of this recipe. Enjoy a blend of rich, chocolatey, flavourful taste in every bite!
If you loved our content on the cakey brownies recipe, share this with your friends and family!
Also, check out our website for more interesting content on different varieties of food recipes and important tips regarding food content.