Dominos pizza is the favorite pizza for many of us. While many of us have our preferences when it comes to a Dominos pizza, and why shouldn’t we make one at home. Here is our secret dominos pizza sauce recipe.
Even though the toppings and cheese play a major role in a pizza, one of the most often overlooked ingredients in a pizza is the sauce. Without Sauce, there is no pizza. Hence the Sauce is the most important ingredient in a pizza.
Dominos offers a variety of crusts, flavors, toppings, and sauces and many of us are able to figure out our personal favorites out of them. But as we eat it, one can’t help but wonder how do they make it. Even though we figure out the distinct flavors of most of the ingredients, but an ingredient that plays a vital role in giving the authentic Dominos pizza flavor mostly goes unnoticed.
Yes, we are talking about the Dominos pizza sauce and we cannot deny that all of us have thought of how would it be to make a Dominos pizza at home but we could not execute our plan because we did not know the Dominos pizza sauce recipe.
Well, your wait is over because he has figured out not only one but two Dominos pizza sauce recipes along with the authentic Dominos pizza sauce ingredients. We will be sharing two recipes for Dominos pizza sauce that will teach you how to make Dominos pizza sauce at home:
- Restaurant Style
- Quick and On-Budget
Restaurant Style Dominos Pizza Sauce Recipe:
The secret behind the Domino pizza top-secret sauce recipe is the simplicity of process and ingredients. Yes, it is very simple to make and has very basic and easily available ingredients but the reason people could not figure out how to make Dominos pizza sauce at home is that it requires technique and precision.
Restaurant Style Dominos Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
As mentioned earlier, the Dominos pizza sauce ingredients are very basic and easily available, but the trick here is that you must find authentic ones in order to get them exactly like the pizza sauce used by Dominos.
Also, ensure that you follow the quantity and ratios for each Dominos pizza sauce ingredients as mentioned below:
- Crushed Tomatoes ½ Cup
- Tomato Puree ½ Cup
- Vegetable Oil 1 Tbsp
- Table Salt ¾ Tbsp
- Granulated Sugar 4 Tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder ¼ Tbsp
- Grounded Oregano ¼ Tbsp
- Dried Marjoram ¼ Tbsp
- Garlic Powder ¼ Tbsp
- Grounded Cayenne Pepper 1/8 Tbsp
- Dried Basil ¼ Tbsp
Equipment Required For Making Restaurant Style Dominos Pizza Sauce:
- Saucepan with Lid
Directions To Make Restaurant Style Dominos Pizza Sauce:
- Turn on the stove on medium flame and put the saucepan on it
- Add vegetable oil and heat it a little
- Pour tomato puree and crushed tomatoes in the sauce pan
- Bring the mixture to simmer
- Add dry ingredients (spices)
- Start stirring occasionally
- Simmer the mixture for 20-25 minutes and turn off the flame
- Let it cool a little and then pour the sauce out in a container
- Bring the sauce to room temperature
- Close the container and store it in the refrigerator
The sauce is safe to store in the refrigerator for a week and should be enough to be used in 6-8 12 inches pizzas.
And Voila! You just made your restaurant-style Dominos pizza sauce at home using the authentic Dominos pizza sauce ingredients.
But what if you are in a hurry and on a budget? Worry not! We got you covered! Just read along as we share our quick and on-budget Dominos pizza sauce recipe.
Quick and On Budget Dominos Pizza Sauce Recipe:
This recipe requires even less effort, uses lesser Dominos pizza sauce ingredients, and still gives you an authentic Dominos pizza top-secret sauce flavor to your pizzas.
Ingredients For Quick and On Budget Dominos Pizza Sauce:
- Canned Tomatoes ½ Cup
- Tomato Puree 1 Cup
- Table Salt ¼ Tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder One pinch
- Oregano Powder One pinch
- Garlic Powder One pinch
- Cayenne Pepper One pinch
- Dried Basil One pinch
Directions To Make Quick and On Budget Dominos Pizza Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and put it on medium flame
- As bubbles start forming, turn the heat down to low and cover the saucepan with a lid
- Let the sauce simmer
- Occasionally stir the sauce for a smooth texture
- Turn off the flame as you achieve your desired consistency
- Let the sauce cool and transfer it to a glass jar
- Refrigerate and use when required
As we figured out how to make Dominos pizza sauce at home using this recipe for Dominos pizza sauce, we were tempted to see if we could figure out a recipe for other Dominos pizza top-secret sauce recipes.
We knew you would be interested to know as well so we experimented a bit, and guess what? Yes you guessed it, we have a number of other Domino’s pizza sauce secret recipes as well and we will be glad to share them with you as well.
So just read along and we are sure you will find the recipe of your personal favorite Domino’s pizza secret sauce recipe.
Now That we saw how to make dominos pizza sauce, let us see the different types of pizza sauce offered by dominos.
Types of Dominos Pizza Sauce:
Some of the different types of pizza sauce offered by dominos are as below:
- Dominos Pizza BBQ Sauce
- Dominos Pizza Garlic Sauce
- Dominos Pizza Hot Sauce
- Dominos Pizza Alfredo Sauce
Also, I will show you how to make these sauces with proper recipes and instructions
1.Domino’s Pizza BBQ Sauce:
Try this easy Domino’s BBQ pizza sauce recipe if you want to add a BBQ flavor to your favorite Domino’s pizza. This sauce adds a smoky flavor to the pizza. This sauce overtakes any toppings used in the pizza with its own unique flavor.
Ingredients for Domino’s Pizza BBQ Sauce:
- Olive Oil 2 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar ¼ Cup
- Tomato Sauce 3 tbsp
- Tomato Paste 1 can
- Onion 1 (finely chopped)
- Honey 1/3 Cup
- Dark Brown Sugar 1/3 Cup
- Diced Garlic 2 Cloves
- Black Treacle 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire Sauce 2 tbsp
- Red Pepper Flakes 1/3 tbsp
- Dried Oregano ½ tbsp
- Salt and Pepper One pinch
- Yellow Mustard 2 tbsp
Directions for making Domino’s Pizza BBQ Sauce:
- Put olive oil in a saucepan and start heating it on medium flame
- Add tomato sauce and paste and bring it to simmer
- Add onion and cook until the onion softens
- Add all dry ingredients and keep on cooking until bubbles form and sauce starts to simmer
- Keep simmering until the sauce starts to thicken
- Turn off the flame at your desired consistency and Domino’s pizza BBQ sauce is ready
- Allow it to cool, transfer to a container, and store in a refrigerator
2.Domino’s Pizza Alfredo Sauce:
If you are a cheese lover and no amount of extra cheese topping can satisfy you, try this Domino’s pizza alfredo sauce recipe as it will give you that extra rich and creamy parmesan cheese flavor with a hint of garlic.
Ingredients for Domino’s Pizza Alfredo Sauce:
- Butter ¼ Cup
- Heavy Cream 1 Cup
- Crush Garlic Clove 1
- Parmesan Cheese 1 ½ Cup (Freshly Grated)
- Fresh Parsley ¼ Cup (Chopped)
- Salt ¼ tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder ¼ tbsp
Directions for Domino’s Pizza Alfredo Sauce:
- Put butter in a saucepan and start heating on medium flame
- Let it start simmering and continue simmering for 2 minutes
- Add heavy cream and let the simmering continue for 5 minutes
- Add garlic and parmesan cheese
- Whisk until cheese melts and the sauce becomes smooth
- Add salt, black pepper powder, and parsley
- Continue to whisk until the sauce becomes thick
- Turn off the flame when it reaches your desired thickness and Domino’s pizza alfredo sauce is ready
- Pour in and serve immediately
Also If you want to know how to make pizza dough, check out the recipe posted on our website.
3. Domino’s Pizza Garlic Sauce:
Bored of your regular pizzas? It’s time to mix up the flavor a little by using this creamy and a little tangy Domino’s pizza garlic sauce recipe. Garlic adds extra aroma and mildly sweet flavor to the sauce.
Ingredients for Domino’s Pizza Garlic Sauce:
- Mayonnaise Half Cup
- Sour Cream Half Cup
- White Vinegar 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice 2 tsp
- Garlic Puree 2 tsp
- Mustard Powder ¼ tsp
- Dried Parsley 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
Directions for Domino’s Pizza Garlic Sauce:
- Add mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl
- Whisk them both together until well combined and smooth
- Add lemon juice and white vinegar and mix well
- Add dry ingredients stir together and Domino’s pizza garlic sauce is ready
- Store in a refrigerator for a while before use to enhance the flavor
- Bring back to room temperature before eating
4. Domino’s Pizza Hot Sauce:
This one is not for the faint of heart. Just Kidding. If you want to make your pizza time a memorable experience and want the hot and sour flavor, go ahead and try our Domino’s pizza hot sauce recipe.
Ingredients for Domino’s Pizza Hot Sauce:
- Cayenne Pepper 1 ¼ Cup
- White Vinegar 1 ½ Cup
- Fresh Tomatoes 2
- Fresh Garlic 3 tsp (minced)
- Salt ½ tsp
Directions for Domino’s Pizza Hot Sauce:
- Wash the pepper nicely
- Remove the top and crush the peppers into small pieces
- Take a saucepan and pour white vinegar into it
- Add pepper, garlic, and salt to the vinegar
- Turn on the flame and keep it on medium
- Bring it to boil
- Continue boiling until everything is soft
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool
- Transfer the mixture into a blender
- Cover the blender and blend all the ingredients together until it becomes smooth
- Pour the sauce the Domino’s pizza hot sauce into a glass bottle or jar
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week
The calories in dominos pizza sauce range from 5 to 30 calories (Source)
These were our 4 top favorite Dominos pizza top-secret sauce recipes along with authentic Dominos pizza sauce ingredients. We hope that these recipes were helpful for you and now you know what goes into a recipe for Dominos pizza sauce recipe along with how to make Dominos pizza sauce at home.
To know more about the dominos pizza sauce recipe, follow this link.
Can you buy dominos pizza sauce?
Domino’s uses a special sauce for its pizzas which gives its unique flavor to Domino’s pizzas. Despite it being the most favorite for most of us, Dominos does not sell its pizza sauce separately. You can enjoy it in their pizzas, or you can make it on your own using Domino’s pizza sauce recipe.
Does Dominos pizza sauce contain garlic?
The exact ingredients of Domino’s pizza sauce are unknown but the sauce definitely contains some garlic. Garlic is added to the sauce to provide a rich aroma and flavor to the sauce.
Does Dominos pizza sauce have dairy?
Broadly saying, Domino’s pizza sauce is primarily made of vegetables, herbs, and spices, and does not have any dairy product as an ingredient. But some Domino’s pizza sauces like Domino’s pizza alfredo sauce that use cream and cheese as ingredients do have dairy products involved.
Does Dominos pizza sauce have onions?
Some of the Domino’s pizza sauces might use a pinch of onion powder but most of them do not have onions besides only a few, such as Domino’s pizza BBQ sauce. A few traces of onion can also be expected in Domino’s pizza hot sauce.
Does Dominos pizza sauce have sugar?
Domino’s pizza sauce does have sugar in it in a fair amount. Domino’s pizza BBQ sauce most probably uses dark brown sugar whereas Domino’s pizza garlic sauce also has a little sugar in it.
No Dominos Pizza does not contain egg as an ingredient.