Looking for the perfect Dominos pizza dough recipe? We’ve been too! Luckily, we found the ultimate domino’s pizza crust recipe that is fluffy, fresh, and flavorful. This dominos pizza dough recipe is exceptional as it requires a limited set of ingredients, and is easy to prepare. It can be a main dish at a house party or a budget cooking dinner recipe. Try it for yourself, this domino’s pizza base will sure become a crowd favorite in no time. Here’s a short recipe on how to make domino’s pizza dough.
Dominos Pizza Dough is an important ingredient when making dominos pizza at home. I have made a detailed post regarding that.
What you Need (domino’s pizza crust ingredients)
All-purpose flour or bread flour – 5 cups
Sugar – 1 Tablespoon
Salt – 2 Teaspoon
Instant Yeast – 1 Teaspoon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 Tablespoon
Lukewarm water – 1¾ Cups
Assembling (domino’s pan pizza dough recipe)
All you need are 6 basic ingredients, the next step is a set of simple instructions, here’s how to get started:
- Start by getting a large mixing bowl, and combine all the dry ingredients together. This includes combining flour, sugar, salt, oil, and yeast. Then, stir until combined. After that, let it rest for five to ten minutes, and then stir again for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once your dry batter is well combined, it is time to add water. Start to add water into the domino’s pizza base mixture, half cup at a time. Soon enough, you will see a solid dough like consistency. Stop when the dough is well combined, smooth and sticky.
- It’s time to let it sit for a while. The domino’s pan pizza dough recipe requires the dough to sit in a warm place for 30 minutes least. Cover your fluffy, flavorful dough with a warm cloth and let it sit beside the stove for the specified time. You can also choose to cover the domino’s pizza dough with a lid for the resting period.
- Once the waiting period is over. Punch down the copycat domino’s pizza dough and knead. Here is when you can divide the base into four pieces for easy domino’s dough balls. You can store this in the fridge for later use. You can also partition the dominos style pizza dough into portions of two. Depending on the size of pizza you want to make.
- Stretch the domino’s copycat dough for that famous hand tossed feel. Then, get it prepped for baking, set the oven at 450°F for preheating. Add your pizza sauce and toppings to the pizza base. Be sure to make some punctures in the dough with a fork to let it bake and get rid of air pockets. This is a necessary, and important step.
Other Variations of Domino’s Pizza Dough Recipe (Airy & Hydrated Pizza Dough)
When it comes to making a delicious domino’s pan pizza dough recipe, there are more ways than one to go about it. The above short pizza dough recipe is simple and delicious. If you prefer the Domino’s airy and fluffy crush pizza over their thin one, this recipe is for you. We also have an alternative copycat domino’s pizza crust recipe that is as delicious. The process of making the copycat domino’s pizza crust is more or less the same. But, there are some additions you can make to give it an airy and hydrated feeling.
What you Need (domino’s airy pizza dough ingredients)
1. Dry Active Yeast – 1 Teaspoon
2. Sugar – 3 Tablespoon
3. Salt – 2 Teaspoon
4. Soybean Oil – 4 Tablespoon
5. Dry Milk – 3 Tablespoon
6. Baking powder – ¼ Teaspoon
7. Bread flour or All-purpose flour – 4 Cups
8. Lukewarm water – 1¾ Cups
How to make dominos pizza dough?(Step by Step Instructions)
- Everyone appreciates a fluffy and airy pizza dough. With this pan pizza dough domino’s recipe, you will create an exact replica. It requires you to combine yeast, sugar, salt, and oil in a mixing bowl, and stir to get a simple consistency. Make sure to stir the mixture a couple of times so there are no clumps.
- Next, to make the best crust for domino’s pizza – you need to add the dry ingredients into the wet ones prepared above. Start slow, add dry milk, baking powder, and flour. Mix till it forms a clumpy consistency.
- After which, you would need to knead the dough for a couple of minutes. Knead until the dough forms a silky and smooth consistency. Prep the dough with a little bit of oil to ensure it is well covered, and hydrated. Let it rest at room temperature for roughly 30 minutes.
- Once done, you are ready to cook your domino’s pizza dough. Divide the mixture into 3 portions, roughly 12 oz balls each, and then either refrigerate or bake it. At this stage, you can add your favorite pizza sauce and the toppings of your likings.
You may also choose to add a mixture of garlic butter. For that traditional dominos garlic butter crust, before you add the pizza sauce. Or you can go for pizza sauce and then cheese. This is for that traditional cheese crust pizza dominos has to offer – you decide. This domino’s pizza dough recipe is simple to make. And can become your personal favorite if you are a fan of Domino’s fluffy, airy pizza dough.
Your exact calories and nutritional values will vary. It depends upon your choice of toppings. For a large size pizza, with chicken toppings, the values are:
- 2,200 – Cal
- 272g – Carbs
- 76g – Fat
- 104g – Protein
Getting the Perfect Consistency with Pizza Dough Domino’s Recipe
While the recipe itself is quite simple and straightforward, it does need care. Many factors at play can make your dough turn out for the better or for worse. To get a pizza dough like dominos, you need to understand the tactics that go into preparing the dough. It requires focusing on the ingredients and assembling. Also, the process of kneading the dough can make all the difference. Be it hand kneading or using a stand mixer. Here are some points to consider to make dominos-style pizza dough.
Making Domino’s Pizza Base Using Hand Kneading
The best thing about Domino’s copycat pizza is its simplicity. You don’t need to have high-end equipment to make the perfect pizza dough. Rather, you need to focus on the technique with hand kneading. Kneading is the part where the protein in the flour works together to create gluten strings. Depending on the protein content in the flour, the strength of the strings can differ. Start by adding a sprinkle of the flour on top of the dough and kneed it with the heel of your hand.
Roll the dough a couple of times and begin kneading again, the step is repetitive but worth it. Once you start noticing a velvety smoothness in the dough, stop kneading it any further. Stopping once you’ve reached this stage is important. You can stretch the dominos-style pizza dough to check for consistency. It should be easy to spread but not be falling apart.
Making Domino’s Pizza Base Using Stand Mixer
Kitchen mixers vary from one another. They have different setting options that are similar but never exact. To get an exact replica of dominos pizza crust, you need to mix the dough right to get that famous consistency. When using a stand mixer, it is important to know when to stop. Since your skin is not coming in contact with the dough, you can’t understand its texture.
We recommend starting the mixture on a medium setting for the first 2 minutes. After which, turn the speed down to 1 for another 3 minutes. Then, turn the mixer off and check the consistency of the dough. If the copycat domino’s pizza dough has a velvety, putty-like feeling – it is ready to cook. Leave the dough at room temperature to let it rise and then cook it.
Key Takeaways from The Pizza Dough Domino’s Recipe
The copycat Domino’s pizza dough recipe requires only 10 minutes of preparation time. It also requires about 30 minutes of fermentation time. Use this pizza crust recipe is with roughly any pizza flavors of your liking. But to make it the best pizza using our dominos pizza dough recipe – you can choose the correct dominos pizza toppings.
- Add flavor to the crust by brushing it with a garlic butter mixture. Be sure to sprinkle some garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. This gives the base that classic dough feels.
- Your choice of flour can vary. But it’s best to use bread flour because of its high protein content for those enhanced gluten bonds. If you use all-purpose flour, be sure to knead it for a few minutes. Until your dominos-style pizza dough reaches the same consistency.
Cooking is a fun activity, feel free to test out the recipe to your liking. Start with half of the amount stated in the domino’s pizza dough ingredients list. This will help you to get familiar first. You can also stick with the original portions and refrigerate the excess dough for later use. Try the Domino’s Pizza Dough Recipe for yourself. Add the process, progress, and perp into your learnings – it would turn out to be great anyway. Enjoy the recipe, and get creative with the ingredients. Once you have the technique, it will all come together!
This post is all about creating one main ingredient of a pizza – pizza dough. Also, if you want to know how to make pizza at home, you should definitely check out the link.
What is Domino’s pizza dough made of?
Dominos pizza dough is made of six ingredients – all purpose flour, lukewarm water, extra virgin olive oil, Instant yeast, Sugar and salt. You can also use himalayan salt as a substitute for powdered salt.
Is there egg in Dominos pizza dough?
There are no eggs used in dominos pizza dough as per their website. (Source) The dough used by dominos pizza is 100% vegetarian.
Can you buy pizza dough from Domino’s?
No, you cannot buy pizza dough directly from dominos. They sell only baked pizzas.However if you want to make pizza dough, you can follow the instructions on this page to make the best dominos pizza dough at home itself.
What dough does dominos use?
Dominos only uses fresh pizza dough to bake pizzas. The dough ball is prepared as and when a new order comes in. Also the dough is freshly made in order to provide the best possible customer experience.
How long does it take to make pizza dough?
It takes anywhere from 2 to 3 hours to make pizza dough. The dough ball preparation can be done in 25 to 30 minutes. But the fermentation process using instant yeast in order to make the dough fluffy, the dough ball is covered using thin plastic cover and kept aside for 1 to 2 hours.
Do you use eggs in pizza dough?
It is optional to use eggs in pizza dough. Eggs can soften the texture of the pizza dough balls. Also eggs can be added as an ingredient as and when required.
Is there milk in Dominos pizza dough?
Yes, the pizzas offered by dominos contain milk as an ingredient. Milk is used in pizza dough in order to soften the texture of the pizza and to have a fluffy base.